- Benjamin Trail NP2 air rifle
- Nitro Piston 2 (gas piston)
- Rifled steel barrel
- 15.75" barrel (4" shroud makes it look longer)
- 28 lbs. cocking effort
- Enhanced 2-stage trigger adjustable for take-up (CBT=Clean Break Trigger)
- Picatinny optics rail
- Manual safety
- Ambidextrous hardwood thumbhole stock
- Recoil pad
- Integral sound suppression system
- 8.3 lbs. (without scope/mount, which will add about 1.5 lbs.)
- Includes 3-9x32 scope and mount (unmounted)
- Improvements over the original Nitro Piston and/or most other gas pistons: 10-lb. reduction in cocking effort, 15% faster and double the effective shooting range
- Assembled in America!
Benefits of the Nitro Piston 2 over a metal mainspring:
- Smoother cocking
- Smoother shooting
- No spring torque
- No spring fatigue, even if left cocked for hours
- Functions perfectly in cold weather
- Lasts longer than a metal spring
All gas springs (gas pistons, gas rams) are NOT created equal!
The Nitro Piston 2 has it all over the original Nitro Piston and almost every other gas spring on the market. Most gas springs have a reputation of being hard to cock, but the NP2 put an end to that. According to airgun writer Tom Gaylord, it's the easiest-cocking gas piston he's ever shot.
But Crosman didn't stop the improvements there. They also improved the trigger so it feels like it's been tuned! Imagine that: A factory trigger that breaks crisp and clean. It has a significantly lighter trigger-pull, not one of those so-called "lawyer" triggers that requires Herculean strength to shoot.
As long as they were making improvements, Crosman decided to make a better and more effective integral sound suppression system that really is quiet. You'll notice an immediate difference between the report from your Nitro Piston 2 air rifle and the older Nitro Piston guns or other brands.
So, let's add up what you'll get in this great package: Easy cocking, fantastic trigger and less noise. And, it's assembled in Crosman's plant in Bloomfield, New York. While that's almost everything you could ever want, there's one more thing -- and it's really important: Accuracy. When Tom Gaylord tested a Nitro Piston 2 at an industry show, he commented that he hit everything he aimed at. Isn't that what you want to do? We thought so!
The Benjamin Trail NP2 isn't a dream -- it's a dream come true. It's here for you to enjoy, to hit everything you're aiming at, and not strain with each cock and each pull of the trigger. They've put the fun back in airgunning!