- The "original" Quake Alarm, Model QA-2000, will wake you up at night so that you don't sleep through or become confused during the first critical seconds of an earthquake. The first seconds are critical when taking emergency action!
- Based on feedback, a newly improved Velcro mounting option has been included along with a new and easier to follow fast install instruction sheet.
- Patented "Inverted pendulum" system with sensitive electronic circuitry, gold plated pendulum contacts and adjustable sensitivity settings. Automatically resets alarm when shaking stops.
- Can detect earthquakes that occur many miles away and it will also detect aftershocks.
- Helps to remove the confusion caused by normal low frequency sounds such as a large truck passing by or a garage door closing. It can offer peace of mind.
The Quake Alarm was designed utilizing extensive testing and research to ensure that it would provide instant warning of seismic activity by detecting the "P" wave (compression wave) of an earthquake, which travels faster than the more destructive "S" wave (shear wave). The Quake Alarm saves valuable seconds by removing the guesswork in earthquake detection. It is capable of detecting large earthquakes that occur hundreds of miles away and can detect moderate to minor earthquakes for many miles around your local area. One very important advantage of the Quake Alarm is that it can wake you up and alert you the moment the quake starts so that you can immediately take cover or tend to other family members. The human mind relies upon the sensations from the inner ear combined with the sense of sight to determine the sensation of motion the body is undergoing at the time that an earthquake starts. Disorientation, known as vertigo, can cause people to become confused and instinctively freeze for many seconds during the onset of an earthquake. Sound also plays a part in earthquake detection and by itself can be misleading. The sound of a slamming garage door or the low rumble of something heavy driving by has startled many people into falsely thinking that they are about to experience an earthquake. The Quake Alarm can eliminate confusion, save valuable seconds and provide peace of mind.